Harry’s practice includes some of the largest litigation in the Pacific Northwest, as well as pre-litigation disputes and arbitrations. Recent cases include:
- Rosenblum v. Oracle and related cases. Harry represented the Oregon Attorney General, the State of Oregon, and Cover Oregon in their litigation against Oracle, the second-largest software company in the world. The litigation involved cases in state and federal court and claims for, among others, breach of contract, fraud, false claims, copyright, and quantum meruit. Harry played a central role in all the cases, including briefing and arguing dispositive motions and taking and defending key depositions. The litigation settled successfully in September 2016.
- PSI v. Ericksen. Harry defended individuals against complex third-party indemnity claims arising out of a failed development project. The court granted his clients’ motion for summary judgment and awarded full attorneys’ fees and costs.
- Confidential international employment matter. Harry tried and won an employment matter before an international tribunal. The case culminated in a two-day trial before a judge sitting in Nairobi, Kenya, with witnesses appearing by telephone from the United States and Europe.
Harry has been frequently honored for his achievements as a litigator. His awards include:
- Forty under 40. Portland Business Journal, 2015. Honoring business leaders in Oregon.
- Under 40 Hot List. Benchmark Litigation, 2016. Honoring law firm partners nationwide under the age of 40. Harry was one of fewer than 380 lawyers nationwide and just five in Oregon given this distinction.
- Rising Star. Lewis & Clark Law School, 2016. Honoring one former graduate each year, Harry received the award in “recognition of his professional excellence and achievements as a litigator” and “his zealous advocacy on behalf of his clients.”
- Excellence in Justice. Oregon Department of Justice, 2009 and 2010. Awarded to attorneys in the DOJ for superior performance.
- Rising Star. Oregon Super Lawyers magazine, 2016.
Before joining Markowitz Herbold, Harry clerked for United States District Court Judge Michael H. Simon, and was an Assistant Attorney General at the Oregon Department of Justice. He also served as an assistant to former United States Congressman and House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt. Harry is the Chair of the Board of Directors of De Paul Treatment Centers, one of the largest nonprofit drug and alcohol treatment centers in Oregon. He is a graduate of Harvard University and Lewis & Clark Law School.
Experience and Affiliations
- Rising Star, Oregon Super Lawyers magazine, 2016
- Rising Star Award winner, Lewis & Clark Law School, 2016
- Honoree, Forty under 40, Portland Business Journal, 2015
- Two Excellence in Justice Awards, Oregon Department of Justice
- Chair, Board of Directors, De Paul Treatment Centers
- Board member, Coalition for Responsible Use of Prescription Medications
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Lewis & Clark Law School — J.D.
- Harvard University — A.B., Philosophy
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals