Kate served as a judicial extern for then U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon Honorable Chief Judge Ann Aiken, while in law school. As a law student, Kate clerked for the Oregon Department of Justice’s Special Litigation Unit where she assisted with specialized cases, including high-profile Constitutional challenges, complex regulatory cases, and environmental litigation.
Kate graduated from Lewis & Clark Law School, where she was a Managing Editor of the Environmental Law Journal, and a Negotiation Moot Court regional team member. She earned a master’s degree in sociology from Northeastern University in Boston and received her undergraduate degree in Sociology from Whitman College in Washington State.
Experience and Affiliations
- Member, Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Hispanic Bar Association
- Member, Oregon Women Lawyers
- Founder, Bee Society
- Lewis & Clark Law School — J.D.
- Northeastern University — M.A., Sociology
- Whitman College — B.A., Sociology, magna cum laude
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon