Stanton represents businesses and non-profits in complex litigation, including cases involving securities, shareholder disputes, breach of contract, products liability, class actions, employment discrimination claims, and other torts. He has extensive experience in matters involving securities and financial investments, where he has represented financial institutions and individual investors in matters relating to the sale of mortgage-backed securities, failed investment funds, and challenges to merger transactions. Stanton also represents clients on appeals in state and federal courts, both as parties and as amicus curiae. He has drafted winning briefs filed in the U.S. Supreme Court, the Second and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals, the New York Court of Appeals and the New York Appellate Division.
Stanton’s talents as a legal writer are reflected in his recent role as architect of a masterful arbitration brief in a contentious dispute between feuding owners of a closely held enterprise. Based on that brief, the arbitrator awarded his client possession of hundreds of thousands of dollars in disputed property and an award of attorney fees.
Stanton capably handles all stages of litigation from case inception through appeal, including legal writing and research; preparing opening and closing statements; preparing witnesses to testify at hearings and depositions; developing strategies for cross-examination; and managing e-discovery.
Stanton graduated summa cum laude from Brooklyn Law School, where he served as an articles editor of the Brooklyn Law Review. Following law school, he clerked for the Honorable Ralph K. Winter of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit where he performed legal research and provided written analysis in a broad range of civil and criminal appeals.
Experience and Affiliations
- Rising Star, Oregon Super Lawyers magazine, 2018
- Member, Race for Justice Committee, St. Andrew Legal Clinic
- Member, Partners in Diversity
- Member, Oregon Hispanic Bar Association
- Member, Owen M. Panner Inn of Court
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Association
- Member, Federal Bar Council
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Honoree, Empire State Counsel, 2013-2014
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., summa cum laude; articles editor, Brooklyn Law Review; Geraldo Rivera Endowed Scholarship – Promising Student of Hispanic Background; Charles Evan Fellowship in International Business Law; Arthur Gluckman Memorial Prize
- Oklahoma Christian University, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude; President’s Volunteer Service Award; Vice President and Presentations Team, Students in Free Enterprise
Admitted to Practice
- New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit