COVID-19 Related Litigation
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, companies are dealing with a myriad of business disruption issues. From employment to supply chain, businesses small and large are facing unprecedented difficulties.
Markowitz Herbold can assist in evaluating the potential legal impacts of the virus on your business operations. We anticipate that coronavirus-related litigation will include:
- Safety and health
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Layoffs, furloughs and sick leave
- Non-competition/trade secrets enforcement
- Unlawful deductions, breach of employment contracts, wage issues
- Shareholder Disputes – adequate response to the pandemic
- Securities – event driven stock declines
- Insurance Coverage – does company’s insurance policies cover disruption caused by the virus
- Supply Chain – missed deadlines, canceled shipments, transportation issues
- Force Majeure (act of god) Clauses – are parties free from their contract obligations due to the outbreak
- Class Actions
These types of cases are right in our wheelhouse. We have helped clients navigate uncharted waters since our founding in 1983. From the recession in the mid-1980s, the dot.com bubble, and the Great Recession of 2008, we have partnered with our clients to resolve even the most challenging cases.