Markowitz Herbold PC seeks a full-time Accounts Payable Specialist to handle all aspects of accounts payable functions. The Accounts Payable Specialist interacts daily with the firm’s administrative and legal teams and provides the highest level of client service. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years accounts payable experience and coursework in accounting. Prior experience in a law firm setting is a plus.
Essential job functions:
• Build strong relationships with the finance team, all personnel, and vendors.
• Responsible for vendor invoices including coordination of approvals and data entry into ProLaw.
• Prepare weekly check runs and ACH payment batches.
• Coordinate monthly Mastercard processes including collection of receipts, filing and organization, and entering data into ProLaw and ChromeRiver.
• Handle employee expense reimbursements including entering costs, obtaining approvals, confirming method of payment, etc.
• Responsible for monthly processes for all client costs including reconciliations, analysis, data entry, and communications.
• Reconcile monthly bank fees and vendor statements.
• Review aged AP monthly and follow-up as needed
• Track attorney memberships including acquiring approvals, processing renewal payments, and follow-up related to attorney CLE reporting.
• Research and respond to accounts payable requests, inquiries, and issues.
• Maintain vendor list and W-9s.
• Perform month-end accounts payable close procedures.
• Assist in developing and documenting accounts payable policies, guidelines, procedures, and best practices.
• Participate in finance team meetings and cross-training.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Markowitz Herbold offers excellent benefits including three weeks’ vacation, generous insurance coverage for employees and dependents, paid parking or monthly transit, and a retirement plan with full vesting upon entry. The firm is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.