Employment litigation is one of the fastest-growing areas of civil disputes in federal and state courts. Even the best employers can be sued by their employees, and the most conscientious employees may face claims by employers. Whether the economy is bullish or bearish, these disputes will continue to disrupt people’s lives and their businesses.
Our litigators have extensive experience in handling employment-related cases. Over the past 37 years, we have pursued and defended almost every type of employment dispute. We are proud of our outstanding track record in resolving these matters for our clients in and out of court.
Because we represent both employees and employers, we have a broad perspective that helps us assess a case to determine a client’s exposure and potential risk or reward. We then assist our clients in making informed decisions about how to proceed. Our attorneys are efficient, pragmatic, and approach cases in a cost-effective manner.
We handle single plaintiff, class action, and collective action litigation in state, federal and appellate courts, and frequently represent clients in arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Our employment practice includes:
- Civil rights
- COVID-19 related employment issues
- Discrimination, including sex, race, gender, age, and religion
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Harassment and hostile work environment
- Job transition counseling
- Non-competition agreements
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Retaliation and whistleblower
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Unfair competition
- Wage and hour
- Wrongful discharge